Friday, March 23, 2007

Are you experienced?

I've gotten some emails and phone calls fishing for information or opinion about today's NBC Universal/News Corp deal. While I don't specifically comment about my work on this blog, I would say that I'm bullish on our prospects. I've worked for both Fox and NBC, and they're both full of extremely smart, creative folks who know how to create an emotional connection with an audience.

The underlying subtext of much of the coverage seems to be that two 'old media' companies are going to have to learn to compete in a new space. That seems odd to me- both companies have been in the business of electronic distribution of content for some time now. I'd say this is a case of experienced vs. old- especially when it comes to the business of making money with video advertising, and other minor details like that.

No comments: